Peeping Tom spotted in women’s restroom

An unidentified man was discovered in a women’s restroom on the third floor of Storm Hall about 11:30 a.m. on March 13.

A female San Diego State University student using the restroom told University Police she thought she was in the restroom by herself, but she noticed a pair of legs step down from the toilet in the stall next to hers. The man apparently had tried to elevate himself enough to look into her stall by standing on the toilet, said University Police Detective Thomas Boyer.

The woman told police that after seeing the man, she became scared and quickly left the restroom. She said that as she was exiting the restroom, the man came out of the stall. Police officers searched the area but were unable to find the man.

The man is described as an African-American in his early 20s with a goatee and a mustache. The woman said he was wearing a plaid, short-sleeved shirt with dark pants and black boots. Anyone with information should call the Public Safety office at 594-1991.

Three cited after fight in computer lab

Three SDSU students were cited for battery after allegedly fighting in a computer lab in the Engineering building about 12:15 p.m. on March 11.

The fight ensued after one of the students, James A. Bowier, 18, entered the lab and asked another student, David K. Starr, whose age was unavailable, to allow him to use his computer. Apparently, Starr didn’t like the way Bowier had asked him to leave, so he became upset, Detective Boyer said.

The two men began to argue, using racial slurs to emotionally attack each other, Boyer said. At that point, a woman sitting next to Starr, Learie L. Ford, 22, became part of the confrontation.

According to Boyer, after several racial slurs had been exchanged Bowier allegedly punched Starr in the face. The fight was quickly broken up by other students in the lab.

After the fight, Starr left the lab and called University Police. Officers investigated the case and eventually cited all three students for misdemeanor battery.

Bowier told police that Starr was obligated to leave the computer lab because he was playing a game on the computer. Starr told police that although he was playing a game, he had been working for 45 minutes and was merely taking a break.

The computer labs have a policy that requires students who are playing games to turn over computers they are using to students who want to work.

Student cited for vandalism in

residence hall

A 19-year-old SDSU student was cited for misdemeanor vandalism after he allegedly broke a window on the first floor of the east side of El Conquistador Residence Hall about 11:45 p.m. on March 11.

The student, Maya Hall resident William G. Tichenor, had attempted to enter the residence hall through an entrance but was denied by a security guard, Boyer said. The security guard told University Police that Tichenor then tried to enter the residence hall through a window on the east side after breaking it with his fist.

When Tichenor saw the security guard, he attempted to run away, but was caught by the security guard and some hall residents. Tichenor sustained minor cuts on his right hand. He was cited and released by University Police.

Crime Log

The following crimes were reported to University Police between March 10 and March 16:

Annoying/obscene/threatening phone call 1

Collision2

Disturbing the peace3

Fighting3

Fire2

Hazard to life/property/campus1

Indecent exposure1

Injury/accident2

Noise4

Petty theft8

Vandalism3

Vehicle burglary2

Vehicle theft6

Peeping Tom spotted in women’s restroom