Threefemales Subject to Indecent Exposure on Campus

University Police are investigating a series of lewd acts directedat female students between Sunday, Oct. 29 and Thursday, Nov. 2.

Two female students called University Police Nov. 2 after theysaid a man in his 20s approached them and exposed his penis.

The first incident took place around 7:40 p.m. on the 5700 blockof Montezuma Road. The student was walking south from campus onMontezuma and told police she noticed a man staggering on thesidewalk.

She said the man walked between two parked cars as she approachedhim on the sidewalk. She said when she looked at him, he asked herfor the time. When she glanced at her watch to tell him the time, shesaid she looked up to see him holding his exposed penis.

She told police she yelled and he ran down Montezuma Road.

About 10 minutes later, police said another female studentreported seeing a man expose his penis near 55th and Hardy Avenue.The student told police she was walking near Hardy Avenue when shenoticed a dark-colored Ford Explorer pull over to the side of thestreet ahead of where she was walking.

When she walked by the Explorer, she saw the interior light was onand the passenger window was down. The man shouted out to her, shesaid, and asked her for the time. The student looked at her watch totell him and when she looked up, the man waved his exposed penis.

The two cases were similar. Witnesses describe the suspect as awhite male, 20 to 25 years old. Police said he was wearing a blacktank-top and black jeans.

A female student who was walking through C Lot to Villa AlvaradoResidence Hall at 1:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 30 was also exposed. As shewas walking back to the residence hall, she told police that a man ina white car called out to her and asked her a question. She said asshe went near the car, the man exposed his penis to her and made alewd comment.

The student described the suspect as a man in his 20s with short,blonde hair and a light complexion.

Anyone with information should contact University Police at594-1991.

Man caught with methamphetamines andparaphernalia

A 20-year-old non-student was arrested Sunday, Oct. 29 forpossession of methamphetamines and paraphernalia, according toUniversity Police Reports.

University Police and the state Alcohol Beverage Control wereworking plainclothes duty on campus and noticed Sachary Naranjo, ofthe 2000 block of Irving Street, San Diego, and another personsitting in a car in Parking Structure III acting suspicious.

Police said they saw the two drinking a beverage from a soft drinkcontainer and said they suspected they were drinking alcohol.

Officers approached the car and asked Naranjo and the passengerpermission to search the car. After searching the car, police saidthey found a brown paper bag and a black BB gun on the seat. Insidethe bag police said they found a glass pipe commonly used to smokemethamphetamines and cocaine. A further search led to police findinga napkin with another glass pipe wrapped up in it.

Police then searched Naranjo and his passenger and said they foundtwo clear bags containing about 1.5 grams of methamphetamines.Naranjo was arrested since the drugs were found in his possession andin the car he was driving. The passenger was released.

Editors note: All suspects are innocent until proven guilty.Information obtained is based on reports from University Police.

CRIME LOG

The following incidents were logged by University Police betweenFriday, Oct. 27 and Friday, Nov. 3.

Bikes/skateboards on campus Burglary Consuming alcohol in public Disorderly conduct Disturbing the peace Driving under the influence Fraternity noise complaint calls Grand theft Hit-and-run Illegal parking Indecent exposure Lost/stolen parking permit Minors in possession of alcohol Annoying/obscene/threatening phone calls Petty theft Possession of drugs Sexual assault Suspicious persons Suspicious vehicles Traffic collisions Traffic stops Vandalism 1 6 25 2 6 2 2 5 1 1 5 3 4 10 1 4 5 2 23 9 4 55 1