Lyft

December 1, 2010

Crime Beat : 12-1-10

Written by: Staff

Disturbing the Peace

Late in the evening of Nov. 14, at the intersection of College Avenue and Lindo Paseo, two non-students exited a taxi in the middle of traffic and attempted to start a fight with the taxi driver. While the two men were reportedly under the influence of alcohol, the cause of their combative behavior is unknown. They were arrested for disturbing the peace, although they avoided paying their cab fare.

Suspicious Person

Campus police received a call on Nov. 9 reporting someone videotaping females on campus. When police arrived they found the subject had been in the SDSU Bookstore, filming people ahead of him in line for “no apparent reason.” The police searched the subject’s backpack, found marijuana, issued a citation for possession and confiscated the camera to review the footage.

Fire

On Nov. 15, a witness reported a fire in Parking Structure 3. Reportedly, a poncho was lit on fire and a man was seen standing next to it. It is unclear whether the man started the fire, was attempting to put it out or was innocently observing the burning poncho. Regardless, the fire was out by the time police arrived, and no damage was done to the parking structure or any of the cars parked in it.

—Compiled by Staff Writer Hutton Marshall

Staff

Screenshot of Student Success Fee email.

Student Success Fee survey closes with low participation

The Student Success Fee survey, which was sent out for the first time April 7th, closed with 2,594 student votes last Friday. This survey was the only opportunity for the students to provide feedback on what courses they though...
by Camille Lozano
0

04_24_14_opinon_taxes_thinkstock

Students are missing out on essential life skills

The phrase “growing up” entails many things. Usually, the first aspect that comes to mind is responsibility. I’m talking about­­ real, personal responsibility, part of which is financial responsibility. Throughout the y...
by Kelly Gardner
0

04_24_14_Opinion_Coachella_WesleyBeights

Coachella is about the music, not outfits and celebrities

There are two three-day weekends in April that are filled with music, a little bit of art, trendy and ridiculous outfits, and some hot celebrities. This shindig is called Coachella, but I’m sure I didn’t need to tel...
by Sabrina Shahawi
0

04_24_14_Features_West_MonicaLinzmeier

Event will “start up” student careers

Looking for a job or internship can be a challenging task. Thankfully, San Diego State is making it easier with Start-up @ State. Hosted by the Lavin Entrepreneurship Center, the Entrepreneur Society and Startup Circle, Start-u...
by Melissa Artobello
0

Comcast Reports Quarterly Earnings Rise 16 Percent

‘Worst Company in America’ contest reveals concerning priorities

There is another bracket that’s worth some attention during March madness. It’s none other than the annual Consumerist’s Worst Company in America awards. Every year since 2010, consumers have voted and awarded the coveted...
by KC Stanfield
0