5025 Apartments

December 1, 2010

Crime Beat : 12-1-10

Written by: Staff

Disturbing the Peace

Late in the evening of Nov. 14, at the intersection of College Avenue and Lindo Paseo, two non-students exited a taxi in the middle of traffic and attempted to start a fight with the taxi driver. While the two men were reportedly under the influence of alcohol, the cause of their combative behavior is unknown. They were arrested for disturbing the peace, although they avoided paying their cab fare.

Suspicious Person

Campus police received a call on Nov. 9 reporting someone videotaping females on campus. When police arrived they found the subject had been in the SDSU Bookstore, filming people ahead of him in line for “no apparent reason.” The police searched the subject’s backpack, found marijuana, issued a citation for possession and confiscated the camera to review the footage.

Fire

On Nov. 15, a witness reported a fire in Parking Structure 3. Reportedly, a poncho was lit on fire and a man was seen standing next to it. It is unclear whether the man started the fire, was attempting to put it out or was innocently observing the burning poncho. Regardless, the fire was out by the time police arrived, and no damage was done to the parking structure or any of the cars parked in it.

—Compiled by Staff Writer Hutton Marshall

Staff

DA-Blogs

Crazy thing called life

I’m finally beginning to understand that the only definite thing in life is death. Morbid, but true. You can plan things all you want, but there’s never a solid guarantee they’re going to happen the way you think they wil...
by Caitlin Johnson
0

Donky Pitch

New releases from the exciting Donky Pitch

As you scour through the internet for new dance music, you are bound to stumble upon an iconic  silhouette of a donkey kicking out its hind legs. That silhouette is the proud logo of the exciting electronic music label Donky P...
by Ryo Miyauchi
0

stack of movies

Happy endings, unrequited love and all that drama: How movies have ruined real-life dating

Ask me what my favorite romantic movie is and without hesitation, I’ll tell you it’s author Nicholas Sparks’ best seller-turned-cinematic-masterpiece “A Walk To Remember.” If you haven’t read the book or seen the fi...
by Victoria Valenzuela
0

04_17_14_Entertainment_DaveMustaine_TravisShinn

Two distinct musical worlds collide

Last Saturday’s performance at Copley Symphony Hall was one to remember for the those who experienced the first ever “Symphony Interrupted,” showcasing Dave Mustaine as a soloist for the San Diego Symphony. What made it u...
by Josselyn Molina
0

04_17_14_Entertainment_METALGEARSOLID_JordanPollock

‘Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ is short but sweet

After years of teaser trailers and the whole Moby Dick Studios thing, the first bit of “Metal Gear Solid V” has finally been released in the form of “Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.” Since its release, people hav...
by Jordan Pollock
0