Sterling Alvarado

March 24, 2011

“Buk Fidy” disqualified for code violations

Written by: Sandy Coronilla

The A.S. Elections Committee met Tuesday to disqualify presidential candidate Kristopher Korsgaden after harassing e-mails and other acts. Antonio Zaragoza / Photo Editor

A special meeting was called by the Associated Students Elections Committee on March 22 where it disqualified A.S. presidential candidate Kristopher Korsgaden for accumulating five reprimands in violation of the election code.

Professor Stephen Schellenberg filed a complaint against Korsgaden, who refers to himself as “Buk Fidy,” for sending him excessive and unsolicited emails, which did not include an opt-out method. Korsgaden also allegedly sent harassing emails to professor Mark Freeman of the San Diego State School of Theatre, Television and Film. One reads, “It’s professors like you that ruin the ‘experience’ that SDSU can be.”

Korsgaden was also found in violation of code for making inappropriate Facebook comments referring to another A.S. presidential candidate, Cody Barbo.

The comment, which appears to be in response to a Facebook posting about a recent story in The Daily Aztec about a SDSU rape victim, reads “The rapist was in a fraternity. How much you wanna bet?” The Facebook user name, Kris BUk FIDy Korsgaden, goes on to write, “F—-. Bro-dy Carbo and his gang of rapist. Kris “BUk FIDy” Korsgaden for SDSU AS president.”

Earlier in the week, the elections committee received a complaint about A.S. vice presidential candidate Darin Ruiz for wearing a campaign T-shirt to an A.S. Council meeting on March 16, in violation of the election code. The complaint was dismissed by the committee.

Sandy Coronilla

DA-Blogs

Crazy thing called life

I’m finally beginning to understand that the only definite thing in life is death. Morbid, but true. You can plan things all you want, but there’s never a solid guarantee they’re going to happen the way you think they wil...
by Caitlin Johnson
0

Donky Pitch

New releases from the exciting Donky Pitch

As you scour through the internet for new dance music, you are bound to stumble upon an iconic  silhouette of a donkey kicking out its hind legs. That silhouette is the proud logo of the exciting electronic music label Donky P...
by Ryo Miyauchi
0

stack of movies

Happy endings, unrequited love and all that drama: How movies have ruined real-life dating

Ask me what my favorite romantic movie is and without hesitation, I’ll tell you it’s author Nicholas Sparks’ best seller-turned-cinematic-masterpiece “A Walk To Remember.” If you haven’t read the book or seen the fi...
by Victoria Valenzuela
1

04_17_14_Entertainment_DaveMustaine_TravisShinn

Two distinct musical worlds collide

Last Saturday’s performance at Copley Symphony Hall was one to remember for the those who experienced the first ever “Symphony Interrupted,” showcasing Dave Mustaine as a soloist for the San Diego Symphony. What made it u...
by Josselyn Molina
0

04_17_14_Entertainment_METALGEARSOLID_JordanPollock

‘Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ is short but sweet

After years of teaser trailers and the whole Moby Dick Studios thing, the first bit of “Metal Gear Solid V” has finally been released in the form of “Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.” Since its release, people hav...
by Jordan Pollock
0