Parker talks past, present and Disneyland

Major: Political Science Minor: Leadership Development Contact: as.vp.ext@sdsu.edu Greek: Phi Alpha Delta Hometown: Temecula, CA

“The piggy bank controls our conversational ‘likes,’ ‘ums’ and ‘you knows,’” Parker said. “It’s one penny for those and a quarter for cursing.”

In addition to making the group better public speakers, Parker said they will donate all the money to Rady Children’s Hospital at the end of the year.
The game has also been a great bonding experience for the group of new executive officers who have spent this summer trying to forget they ran on different tickets in the spring.
“Every day we grow closer. I consider (Cody Barbo and Darin Ruiz) my brothers now,” Parker said.

Her happiest place on earth: She and her boyfriend hold annual passes to Disneyland. Her Mickey Mouse ears, etched with Tinker Bell, adorn a wall in her office. Parker said the two of them enjoy remembering their youth. “We can just be whoever we want and have the opportunity to remove ourselves from the engulfed life that we have here.”
Plus it’s a great place to people watch, she said.

One of her best memories of college thus far

San Diego City Council named July 26 “SDSU A.S. Good Neighbor Program Day.” Parker was  chair of the program for a year and a half, but recently the position was passed to Rachael Bailey. The GNP works to improve the quality of life on campus and in the surrounding College Area. Councilmember Marti Emerald presented Parker with a proclamation of the program, signed by Mayor Jerry Sanders and the council.

What the future holds for Parker

She plans to take a year off after she graduates this spring. During that time she’ll study for the LSAT and apply for internships in Sacramento or Washington, D.C. Parker is a member of law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta and is interested in constitutional law.