5025 Apartments

October 5, 2011

BLOGGERS: Meet Cody of Digitized

Written by: Staff
Tags: ,

Name: Cody Franklin

Major: Public Relations

Age: 21

Twitter: @cody_franklin_

Breaking the gamer stereotype:

Video games – the favorite pastime of unwashed, lazy and overweight man-cave-dwellers, right?

Wrong.

The truth is video gaming is a hobby that millions of people around the world enjoy – of all shapes, sizes and shades. Take a look around next time you’re in class; chances are, a majority of the people you’re enjoying the oh-so-exciting lecture with enjoy a game of Battlefield or World of Warcraft every couple of days or so. Gaming is exploding in popularity, especially amongst college students.

So if gaming is so popular, why is it still “swept under the rug?” I’m aiming to help change just that.

With this blog, I’m setting out to help keep you all well-versed in the latest, greatest and most entertaining news and media about video games and other related info. Along the way, I hope to help break stereotypes about gamers and games themselves.

I’ve been an avid gamer since a decade ago, when I was given a Playstation 1 for Christmas, after my parents heard about all the kids playing those new-fangled “video games.” From Battlefield to Bulletstorm, from World of Warcraft to World of Goo and from Deux Ex to Diablo, I’ve played more games than I dare admit. Hopefully after reading this blog, a little bit of my passion will rub off on you, and the gaming masses can grow by one more.

Favorite Quote: “Prepare for unforeseen consequences.” – G-Man, Half Life 2

5 Favorite Video Games:

1. Planetside

2. Tabula Rasa

3. Battlefield

4. All Blizzard games

5. All Valve games

Cody Franklin is a junior and from Murrieta, California and a recent transfer from Mt. San Jacinto College. A gentleman and a scholar, some have also said “eh, he’s a pretty cool guy and he doesn’t afraid of anything”. When not found in a classroom, he can be found at the nearest wifi location refreshing Reddit for new hilarious hijinks to enjoy.

Staff

stack of movies

Happy endings, unrequited love and all that drama: How movies have ruined real-life dating

Ask me what my favorite romantic movie is and without hesitation, I’ll tell you it’s author Nicholas Sparks’ best seller-turned-cinematic-masterpiece “A Walk To Remember.” If you haven’t read the book or seen the fi...
by Victoria Valenzuela
1

Foodie goes from blog to books

When Lauryn Evarts, a San Diego State alumna, began her blog shortly after graduating, she knew she was building a brand. With an average of 35,000 page views per day and 605,000 page views per month, Evarts certainly accomplis...
by Ellen Rex
0

Couple in church

Why I choose to date Christian men–inserting religion into relationships

It’s a general rule that two of the most sensitive topics to keep out of the conversation on a first date are religion and politics. Lucky for my dates, I’m not up to speed on the hot-button issues between Republicans and D...
by Victoria Valenzuela
0

Flirting,

Being a “cougar” in college—where age is definitely more than just a number

I’m channel surfing the other night and I come across a show on TLC that I’d never heard of before—“Cougar Wives.” Intrigued by the title, I decided to give it a try. Little did I know I was about to embark upon the n...
by Victoria Valenzuela
0

Woman and man

Being “just friends”: is it really possible?

In the movie “Just Friends”, we find the main character Chris (played by Ryan Reynolds in a fat suit), the token nerdy and overweight outcast, preparing to confess his love for his best friend Jamie. The opening scene is se...
by Victoria Valenzuela
0