Facebook careers employ innovation

MCT Campus
MCT Campus

In February 2004, Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes and Eduardo Saverin launched Facebook from a Harvard residence hall. Ten months later, their project reached more than a million users and is now one of the most recognizable names on the Internet, hosting 800 million active users and more than 2,000 employees.

Every day, 50 percent of active Facebook users log on to connect with an average of 130 friends. To successfully maintain such a monumental interface, Facebook employs 2,000 diverse individuals from a wide variety of professions, ranging from human resource managers to software engineers. These employees work diligently around the world to ensure Facebook’s reliability and functionality. Facebook offices spread far and wide, from headquarters in Palo Alto to U.S. offices ranging from Austin to New York. In addition, it runs international offices across the world from cities such as Tokyo to Hamburg, Germany.

Regardless of location, each Facebook employee’s goal is to generate the best social experience they can for users.

According to Facebook’s careers website, “All of us working at Facebook have a common goal: helping you connect and share with the people you care about.”

As the Internet is becoming an increasingly social environment, Facebook prides itself in its position on the forefront of that change.

In addition to working in a uniquely rewarding environment impacting the lives of millions of people, Facebook employees are also entitled to a vast array of benefits. This includes health care coverage, paid time off and 401(k) retirement plans.

Facebook does not stop there. It also offers free breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Purple Tie laundry services at its Palo Alto headquarters. Other notable benefits include daycare and transportation reimbursement, paid parental leave, 11 days a year of observed holidays and employee discounts at Apple, Dell, Microsoft and AT&T.

Facebook’s highly innovative workforce ensures the company’s success in the competitive and always-changing virtual market. By providing employees with an open and creative working environment and by inspiring their loyalty through benefits and perks, Facebook is able to remain at the top of the social networking ladder.

Facebook’s careers website is the first essential outlet for those interested in seeking employment in the fast paced and inventive environment Facebook has to offer. To see what positions are currently open at various locations, Facebook actively updates the career portion of its website at facebook.com/careers.

Facebook careers employ innovation