Ride an exciting cruise ship this New Year’s Eve

Ride an exciting cruise ship this New Years Eve

It’s time to do away with the tired old New Year’s Eve celebrations. After all, do you really want to watch the ball drop in Times Square on your TV again? Ring in the New Year a bit differently this year by dining and dancing aboard one of San Diego’s New Year’s Eve cruises.

Hornblower Cruises and Events brings a trio of unique New Year’s Eve experiences. The Crystal Dinner Cruise offers dinner, dancing, music and gorgeous panoramic views of the city. The Premier Seated Dinner offers an elaborate four-course meal, free-flowing champagne (for those 21 and older) and entertainment to keep you dancing the night away. The most opulent of the cruises, the VIP Celebration Dinner, allows you to enjoy the end of December with the finest in entertainment. The VIP cruise includes a decadent five course meal with lobster and filet mignon, an all-inclusive top-shelf bar and elegant music to set the mood as you gaze upon the fireworks and the city skyline. The packages vary in price.

If that doesn’t suit you, consider the Moonlight New Year’s Eve Cruise. Come sail aboard the California Spirit and party your way into the New Year aboard this luxury yacht. Some of San Diego’s top DJs will be spinning, and it’s sure to be an unforgettable experience. This cruise is only available to those 21 and older, and tickets vary in price.

Flagship Cruises and Events offers up a few different options. There’s the New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise, which offers up a gourmet three-course meal sure to delight your taste buds, as well as live entertainment to get you up on your feet and dancing. If you’re looking to celebrate without dinner, consider the New Year’s Eve Party Cruise, which features two levels of live entertainment, dancing and drinks. Tickets vary in price.

So this year, ditch the boring land-based parties and enjoy these unique events with beautiful views, stunning fireworks and lots of dancing aboard one of these fun-filled cruises.

Also read: Keep a close watch on Catch’d Out

Photo courtesy of Flagship Cruises & Events

Jamie Ballard, Managing Editor
Jamie Ballard is the managing editor of The Daily Aztec for 2016-17. She has been a member of The Daily Aztec since 2013, first as a staff writer and then as a news editor. Her work has been featured at Esquire.com, San Diego CityBeat, Student Universe, and several other sites. Jamie also works as an editorial assistant for Mike Sager, writer-at-large for Esquire and founder of The Sager Group. Follow her at @BallardJamie23 or email her at me@thedailyaztec.com