Polka dots, typically associated with little girls or elderly women, have re-risen from the fashion graveyard and are aged to perfection. Reportedly created in late 19th century England, this cutesy pattern is still stylish in the 21st appearing on the spring 2012 runways of fashion houses Suno, ADAM, Luca Luca and Tory Burch. As demonstrated in the photo, it is best not to overdo the dots unless your goal is to be Minnie Mouse’s twin. Choosing a focal point to don a polka dot printed fashion item (like a dress, blouse or pair of high-heels) is best in order to create a pulled-together and all-around chic outfit. Let’s get dotty!
Get the look!
1. Steve Madden Dynemite Heels in Cognac Leather – Steve Madden $109.95
2. Frayed Polka Dot Scarf – Forever 21 $8.80
3. Element Berreta Canvas Ivory Tote – Lulus.com $54.00
4. Spot Pleated Belted Skater Dress – oasis-stores.com $60.00
5. Faceted Square Watch – Forever 21 $18.80