Sterling Alvarado

Entertainment

October 18, 2012

Hollywood Happenings

Written by: Staff

Brooke Schlyer, Staff Writer

Tori Haynes, Staff Writer

Celebrity Birthdays

Sunday: Usher Raymond IV turned 34 on Oct. 14. The smooth singer shared his birthday with fashion icon Ralph Lauren, who celebrated his 73rd birthday. Monday: “Laverne and Shirley” actress turned movie director Penny Marshall blew out the candles to her 69th birthday on Oct. 15.

Tuesday: Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and blues rocker John Mayer shared a birthday on Oct. 16. Mayer turned 35 while Flea celebrated his 50th birthday. Wednesday: Detroit rapper Eminem has something to rap about as he turned 40 yesterday. Country crooner Alan Jackson turns 54 on Oct. 17.

Thursday: “High School Musical” heartthrob Zac Efron no longer plays a teen on Disney as the star turns 25 on Oct. 18.

Friday: “Saturday Night Live” funny man Chris Kattan, most famous for his role in “Night at the Roxbury” celebrates his 42nd birthday on Oct. 19.

Saturday: To round off the weekend, reggae singer formerly known as Snoop Dogg Snoop Lion turns 41 on Oct. 20.

Upcoming projects

German electronic producer Alexander Ridha, better known as Boys Noize, is set to release his third full-length album titled “Out of the Black” on Oct. 18. The album features one track titled “Got It” with rapper turned reggae singer Snoop Lion. Ridha told music website Spinner that he normally doesn’t feature other artists on his albums but that working with Snoop Dogg was a childhood dream. “Out of the Black” also features fellow German DJ Siriusmo and Los Angeles underground rapper Gizzle. This album has a sound that’s a mix of electro and techno to keep listeners dancing.

Romance

Couple Alerts:

“Twilight” stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have once again decided to get back together. After Stewart’s reported fling with Rupert Sanders, the married director of “Snow White and the Huntsman,” the actress sought Pattinson for reconciliation. The couple stopped by a friend’s birthday party at the Chateau Marmont last weekend.

You’re never too old to find your “happily ever after.” Journey guitarist Neal Schon and Real Housewife Michaele Salahi got engaged last weekend. Schon, 58, popped the question to Salahi, 47, onstage during a concert in Baltimore on Oct. 14.

Breakups:

Recent speculation hints “Bachelorette” star Emily Maynard and Jef Holm broke up. Before you get carried away, the two have not officially announced their split yet, but several Twitter posts insinuate the couple has called it quits.

Sightings

On Oct. 15, actress Natalie Portman was spotted getting dessert with her one-year-old son, Aleph, in Austin, Texas. Portman is staying in Texas with her family while she films her latest project.

Actress Reese Witherspoon was out and about running errands in Santa Monica on Oct. 14. It was the first time she had been spotted since giving birth to her third child last month.

Victoria’s Secret supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio was seen last weekend sporting a white bikini at the beach in Malibu. Later that day, she stopped at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in West Hollywood with fiancé Jamie Mazur and their two children.

Staff

DA-Blogs

Crazy thing called life

I’m finally beginning to understand that the only definite thing in life is death. Morbid, but true. You can plan things all you want, but there’s never a solid guarantee they’re going to happen the way you think they wil...
by Caitlin Johnson
0

Donky Pitch

New releases from the exciting Donky Pitch

As you scour through the internet for new dance music, you are bound to stumble upon an iconic  silhouette of a donkey kicking out its hind legs. That silhouette is the proud logo of the exciting electronic music label Donky P...
by Ryo Miyauchi
0

stack of movies

Happy endings, unrequited love and all that drama: How movies have ruined real-life dating

Ask me what my favorite romantic movie is and without hesitation, I’ll tell you it’s author Nicholas Sparks’ best seller-turned-cinematic-masterpiece “A Walk To Remember.” If you haven’t read the book or seen the fi...
by Victoria Valenzuela
1

04_17_14_Entertainment_DaveMustaine_TravisShinn

Two distinct musical worlds collide

Last Saturday’s performance at Copley Symphony Hall was one to remember for the those who experienced the first ever “Symphony Interrupted,” showcasing Dave Mustaine as a soloist for the San Diego Symphony. What made it u...
by Josselyn Molina
0

04_17_14_Entertainment_METALGEARSOLID_JordanPollock

‘Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes’ is short but sweet

After years of teaser trailers and the whole Moby Dick Studios thing, the first bit of “Metal Gear Solid V” has finally been released in the form of “Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.” Since its release, people hav...
by Jordan Pollock
0