SDSU student creates job hunting website

A screeshot of the SDSU student created site meant to match recent graduates with employers looking to fill entry-level positions.

Jobioz.com, a new website equivalent to eHarmony for job hunters is schedules to be launched next month. A group of San Diego State students created the site to match recent graduates with employers hiring for entry-level positions.

Like a dating site, Jobioz uses an algorithm to match employers with the perfect job candidate.

Students can create an online portfolio on the site to showcase their abilities in a way resumes can’t. The portfolios compile videos, photos, and past projects that would otherwise never be seen by potential employers.

Job recruiters make a profile giving applicants a behind-the-scenes look into what it’s like to work for their company. Recruiters also complete a culture section describing the work environment, if paid vacations are offered and even past interns’ impressions of the company.

“A lot of students end up leaving a company within the first year because it’s not the right fit,” CEO of Jobioz, Inc. and SDSU entrepreneurship senior Gregg Anderson said.

A team of SDSU students used resources from the on-campus business incubator, the Zahn Center for Technological Innovation to create the site. Founders are currently campaigning to raise $30,000 to cover legal fees, marketing, software development and other services.

Anderson said the site will first launch as a beta version around April 26. The beta version will be the unfinished product that will allow users to provide feedback.

The site, intended for college students and alumni, who have graduated within three years, is free for students because the cost goes to the employers. Anderson says Jobioz saves employers time because the site allows them to search for candidates with specific skill sets.

Anderson and his team hope to revolutionize the job search process and help students get a job and stay there.

“You’ve gotten the education, put in the time and you have the skills,” Anderson said. “We want you to be able to showcase those skills.”