Crime on campus

Deadly weapon assault

A man was arrested Sunday morning for assaulting San Diego State students at the Phi Kappa Theta Fraternity house. The individual was in possession of a deadly weapon at the time of the assault. It is unclear if the weapon was used, but no one was injured in the incident.

The suspect was immediately taken to county jail and is awaiting trial in court.

Public urination

A non-SDSU student was caught urinating off Montezuma Road Sunday morning. SDSU police issued a citation and arrested the individual.

The law says it’s possible to be charged with littering, public nuisance, indecent exposure and disorderly conduct when urinating in public. Public urination does not necessarily warrant being labeled as a “sex offender.”

Attempted assault

An SDSU student reported that two men approached her at 2:30 a.m. on Saturday. The men were driving a red Range Rover and pulled over to talk to the woman, asking if she wanted a ride home.

According to the report, one of the men tried to touch her inappropriately after he got out of the SUV. The woman kept walking and the men drove away. No one was injured in the incident.

SDSU Police is asking for the public’s help in finding the men, one described as approximately 21 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall with a thin build and black, wavy short hair. Police described the second man as, “possibly Armenian” in his mid-30s.

Anyone with information regarding the incident should contact the SDSU Police Department at 619-594-1991. The anonymous Crime Stoppers hotline can be reached at 619-235-8477. You can also send an email to police@mail.sdsu.edu. Use the SDSU Police case number 14-624 for reference.

Quinn Owen, News Editor
Quinn is the The Daily Aztec's News Editor.  Prior to this role, he helped manage social media and digital video production as the Assistant Digital Content Editor. Quinn has also been a Senior Staff writer for News. He is a Production Assistant for KPBS News where he works on the local  Morning Edition, All Things Considered and Evening Edition programs. As a journalism major, Quinn hopes to eventually work as a broadcast news reporter.
Crime on campus