Graduating seniors say farewell: Mark Anthony Santos

As the semester ends, many of you are heading to your winter break and some of you are graduating. For me, this is finally my last semester at San Diego State. My occupation as a student has come to an end. No more going to lectures as I quickly write down every note of what my professors are saying. No more buying expensive textbooks that aren’t really necessary. No more pulling all nighters studying before an exam.

Yes, I’m officially done with school. Am I going to miss my college years? Yes and no. Sure I experienced the “college life”, but honestly I haven’t done everything that I really wanted to do in my list before leaving SDSU. However, I’ve learned a lot of new things by facing real-life situations and finding an identity for myself. I met a lot of amazing people at SDSU and they made me a better person that cares passionately and applies what I have learned in real-life situations.

There were so many obstacles that I’ve faced along the way through college and it wasn’t easy. Balancing between school and work, I’ve made some good and bad decisions that affected my life. These decisions had led me to learn more of what I have done.

I’ve learned so many new things that made me a better person today: how to make sacrifices, let go, and accept that my moment to shine will come later on. From those moments, I was able to find a way to get over it and keep going without looking back.

I am grateful for my family and friends for always motivating me at high level whenever I’m at my lowest or highest peaks of my days.

I thank The Daily Aztec for this amazing opportunity of working with cool talented writers and designers. I finally made my mark at SDSU by designing cool covers for special issues that have been published all over campus.

Although this is another journey to my next chapter, I should always keep my hopes up high.