Senior farewell: Nick Knott

When I transferred to San Diego State I could literally count my on-campus friends with one hand. I knew I needed to find my place at this school, but I didn’t know how I was going to do it.

I had been reading The Daily Aztec since I arrived here. I wasn’t sure if it was something I wanted to pursue, but after a random post on social media one of my friends recruited me to join. And the rest is history.

I only spent two short years working at The Daily Aztec, but during that time I’ve created so many memories. Obviously the knowledge of how a paper operates is something I’ll take with me, but what’s most important are the memories and friendships that will be moving on with me after graduation.

I could not have asked for a better group of fellow editors and employees for my last year here at SDSU. As the year progressed we all got more comfortable with each other and built something more than just a staff — a family.

The friendships I’ve made here at The Daily Aztec will never die. It’s weird how you can throw 10 journalism students, all with different personalities, into an office and somehow they all gel and become friends.

Despite the chaotic productions, deadlines and office hijinks, we were able to make an impact here on campus. A lot of crazy stuff went down this year, and I’m glad to say that I was on the staff that helped cover it.  

It is going to be difficult not walking into the basement of the Education and Business Administration building every day and seeing these people every day. It’s going to be hard going without all the inside jokes, office pranks and coffee binges. But this year was definitely my favorite at SDSU and unfortunately, it eventually has to come to an end.

But, it’s safe to say that I did end up finding my place at SDSU, and it’s in the office of The Daily Aztec.

Nick Knott, Entertainment Editor
Nick is a journalism senior and in his second year at the Daily Aztec.  After starting as a staff writer in the features section, Nick switched to entertainment as the section editor.  Nick will be graduating this upcoming May with a B.A. in journalism.  He ultimately wants to work in the magazine industry covering music, sneakers or streetwear fashion.
Senior farewell: Nick Knott