Hollywood Happenings: Starring Lauren Conrad

Olivier Douliery

Celebrity of the Week (Bekah Haynes) 

Fashion designer and former reality show star Lauren Conrad announced her engagement to William Tell last weekend. Conrad made the grand announcement by flaunting a picture of her engagement ring on her blog. As friends and fans show her nothing but love and support, many can’t help but wonder if the timing of the engagement is related to the wedding of her former reality show co-star and ex-boyfriend Jason Wahler that took place just one day earlier. Could the timing be just a coincidence, or could it be a competition between the two exes?

Sightings (Bekah Haynes)

According to US Magazine, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were spotted attending a Barry’s Bootcamp class in Sherman Oaks. The “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star has been known to attend these classes in order to lose her extra “baby weight” that she gained during her pregnancy. Later that same night, Kardashian and her daughter, North, went to support West at his late night appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” The couple and their daughter have been seen out together in Los Angeles many times and are known for being extremely supportive of one another.

Romance (Brooke Schlyer) 

Actress Rose McGowan and artist Davey Detail were married Saturday at the Paramour Mansion in LA. The couple had been dating for more than a year before getting engaged in July, according to CBS news. McGowan donned a Monique Lhuillier gown in front of 60 guests, including friends and family.

The celebrities must love Monique Lhuillier gowns. “Gleeactress Naya Rivera was also seen at the designer’s Beverly Hills boutique shopping for her wedding dress, according to Popsugar. Rivera recently became engaged to hip-hop artist Big Sean. “Glee” co-star Kevin McHale was with the bride-to-be for shopping support.

Trivia (Brooke Schlyer) 

1. This Hollywood hunk started his on-screen career starring opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in the HBO series “Sex and the City.” He had to skip out on his graduation from the Actor’s Studio, not because he was “hung over” but because filming of “Wet Hot American Summer” began.

1. Mr. Big
  2. Chris North
  3. Bradley Cooper
  4. John Corbett

2. This actress started to follow in her father’s footsteps by enrolling at Denison University as a chemistry major but later changed her major to drama. It may have been a “daredevil” move, but she found great success starring as the lead role in the hit show “Alias.” The actress later went on to play roles in films such as “Elektra,” “Peal Harbor” and “Dude, Where’s My Car?”

1. Jennifer Garner
  2. Carmen Electra
  3. Amy Jo Johnson
  4. Marla Sokoloff

3. This musician, known for his band with an outer-space sounding name, was introduced to show business as an actor on the short-lived TV show “Camp Wilder.” He also appeared in serious roles such as “Girl, Interrupted” and “Fight Club.” If you need an extra hint, this musician’s band had a music video to its popular song “The Kill” based on the movie, “The Shining.”

A. Steven Tyler

B. Marilyn Manson

C. Pete Wentz

D. Jared Leto

4. This modern day female crooner was born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant. It took five years for lawyers and managers to come up with her stage name. Fans might think that she loves video games, but she is actually quoted as loving New York. “A lot of the time when I write about the person that I love, I feel like I’m writing about New York,” she said.

A. Adele

B. Lana Del Rey

C. Natalie Imbruglia

D. Alicia Keys

5. This French disc jockey has worked with some major superstars including Kelly Rowland, Usher, Nicki Minaj and Akon to produce top club hits. His best “memories” may come from winning Top DJ of 2011 by readers of DJ Mag. Even though that’s the only year he won, nothing will keep him down because he’s “titanium.”

1. Avicii
  2. Nicky Romero
  3. David Guetta
  4. Skrillex

Answers: 1. C 2. A 3. D 4. B 5.C

Also Read: Hollywood Happenings: Starring Scarlett Johansson

Photo courtesy of Oliver Douliery/Abaca Press/MCT