Weekend Picks: Life in Color and the Central Library

Ryo’s Picks

‘Intersecting Lines”

Following past acclaimed art exhibitions, San Diego Public Library presents “Intersecting Lines: The Tenth Invitational Drawing Show.” For this latest exhibition, the library will hold the event at the newly opened New Central Public Library, located in Downtown San Diego. “Intersecting Lines” features drawing works from seven San Diego artists who demonstrate the value of the technique. The exhibition is open from April 26 to July 12, with a reception held on opening day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Explore the New Central Public Library, and take a look at great local artwork during your visit.

Under the Skin”

Landmark Theatres in Hillcrest is currently showing the acclaimed sci-fi film “Under the Skin” for a limited time. Directed by Jonathan Glazer, “Under the Skin” stars Scarlett Johansson as an alien of unknown origin who takes the form of a female human and preys on men. Since its release this year, the film has been praised for its existential themes and unique technical approach to the sci-fi genre. It’s a highly recommend movie that should be a contender on the year-end lists.

Alek’s Pick

Life In Color

“The World’s Largest Paint Party” is coming back to San Diego. The Life In Color tour will make a stop at the Valley View Casino Center this Saturday, April 26. What started out as a small college event has grown into a global production that brings together Life In Color’s one-of-a-kind paint blast and the world’s biggest DJs.

Life in ColorHeadlining the show are DJs Borgore and DVBBS (pronounced “dubs”), accompanied by resident Life In Color DJ David Solano. Borgore and DVBBS are known for their incredible high-energy acts, full of the baddest big room sounds and unrelenting bass bangers. Borgore diversified his style throughout the years by combining early dubstep and electro sounds and trap elements as of late into his self-proclaimed “Gorestep” style. DVBBS is best known for its global big room hit “Tsunami” and is ready to keep the party going until 3 a.m.

Remember to wear something light and loose as the paint will be flying all night long. Sunglasses are recommended as well. No need to worry about the paint staining your clothes as it’s water based and can be washed off easily.

Bring the good vibes and enjoy a paint-filled night out.

Also read: Weekend Picks: Theater and Record Store Day

Courtesy of Daniel Quinones

Ryo Miyauchi, Asst. Arts & Lifestyle Editor