SDSU crime and incident report: Sexual assault, large fight breaks out

Sexual assault

A sexual assault was reported at a private residence near the 5500 block of Hardy Ave.

It occurred on either Friday night or Saturday morning between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.

The suspect has been identified. The female victim knew the suspect and both are SDSU students, according to the San Diego State Police Department.

A community safety alert was not sent out because there was no immediate threat to the campus community, SDSU police said.

SDSU police is still investigating the crime and cannot reveal or comment on specific details.

In response to the assault, police issued the following statement:

“Students reporting sexual assault have many options available to them, including pursuing university discipline charges, pursuing criminal charges and reporting without pursuing charges. For complete details on the reporting options available to students, visit SDSU’s Let’s Talk website.

Disturbing the peace

A large fight involving 25 people occurred early Saturday around 1:30 a.m.

The fight broke out near the intersection of Montezuma Road and Campanile Drive. The fighting stopped once SDSUPD arrived.

There were no injuries or arrests made, SDSU Police Capt. Joshua Mays said.

A second large fight was reported on the 5500 block of Mary Lane shortly after 3 a.m. Saturday morning.

According to the police report, 20 people were involved. The fighting had stopped by the time SDSUPD arrived.

Police are looking into the disturbance and people involved have been contacted, Capt. Mays said.

Suspicious person

A man appearing to be under the influence of drugs was following two women in Parking Structure 3 on Saturday afternoon around 3:45 p.m.

One of the women described him as a 5-foot-10-inch heavy-set man, possibly with a mustache.

Police were unable to locate or identify the man.

Alex Piscatelli, Engagement Editor