SDSU student died at Hard Summer Music Festival

Alyssa Dominguez – Facebook

San Diego State student Alyssa Dominguez was reportedly one of three people who died at the Hard Summer Music Festival in Los Angeles this past weekend.

LA County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said to the Los Angeles Times that the cause of death had not been determined for any of the three individuals, including Dominguez. An eyewitness, Angel Ghaemi, told the Times that she saw an officer attempting to give CPR to a woman outside the venue, who she later realized was Dominguez.

“I can never forget,” Ghaemi said to the LA Times. “She looked beautiful, that’s all I could think. It was the most surreal, life-changing moment of my life.”

Posts from friends on Dominguez’s Facebook account remember her as beautiful, kind and inspiring. She was reportedly a member of AB Samahan, a Filipino organization at SDSU.

Alyssa Dominguez - Instagram
Alyssa Dominguez – Instagram

Friends report the Dominguez family and close friends are asking for privacy during this time.

Update, 9:42 a.m. PST: The university has confirmed Dominguez was a student at SDSU. They are not planning to release a statement at this time.

Counseling is available for students. Students can call Counseling and Psychological Services at (619) 594-5220 or visit its website.

Jamie Ballard, Managing Editor
Jamie Ballard is the managing editor of The Daily Aztec for 2016-17. She has been a member of The Daily Aztec since 2013, first as a staff writer and then as a news editor. Her work has been featured at Esquire.com, San Diego CityBeat, Student Universe, and several other sites. Jamie also works as an editorial assistant for Mike Sager, writer-at-large for Esquire and founder of The Sager Group. Follow her at @BallardJamie23 or email her at me@thedailyaztec.com